At EPWC, our group classes are small and comfortable so that we can, as much as possible, address many different needs of our clientele. We take the time to teach through the various layers, modifications and options of a movement in the hopes of capturing as much of the important ‘issues’ as possible (SI joint tightness, sore hip, tight neck and shoulders). A group setting is a great economical way to address some basic issues whereas a private session is where we get to dig deeper and discover a whole other layer of specificity. Where the one on one private session really shines is when we can work specifically on your need that day and then address old movement habits and challenges/injuries of the past. One of my favourite parts is when Wellness Coaching becomes an integral part of the Pilates session! It is a beautiful thing when it all comes together. When a deeper understanding of perhaps why the breath or movement has become restricted….but that is a whole other topic of discussion!
Here is just the beginning of what sets our ‘little company that could’ apart from the big guys.
* Improving self-efficacy (the belief that you CAN do it) – At Extension Pilates and Wellness Coaching we are working hard to quash the notion that Pilates and overall change is hard to do. Our Remedial and beginners Pilates classes are geared to those who may question if Pilates is ‘do-able’. When you build your foundations first along with your general knowledge of how and why we move a certain way, you will be see how ‘do-able’, and ultimately how powerful Pilates really is! As for Coaching, we break the process of change into steps and strategies so that the overwhelming becomes satisfying. I like to use the analogy that if change is the large elephant in the room, and you are expected to eat the whole thing, Coaching is taking it one smart, strategic bite at at time.
* Quality of care – Extension Pilates will work closely with your care provider (Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Osteo, Rheumatologist. etc) to ensure we are doing the right things to propel you forward.
* Getting started – Both Pilates and Wellness Coaching are your best tools to set you on your path of overall wellness success. How you may ask? Pilates teaches you the specific muscle recruitment patterns, body awareness and proper breathing techniques to make you stronger for any activity you choose to do. Wellness Coaching sets the ground work by helping create a clear vision of where it is you are heading and how you are going to get there. Coaching is about clarity, strategy, accountability and outcomes!
* Small class sizes – Small class sizes means the instructor can supervise, correct and modify much more effectively.
* Experience – over 25 years of experience in the Fitness and Wellness industry.
* Customer service – Life is busy. With our online scheduling system, booking a class is free and easy. We remind our participants weekly to register to make the process faster and easier and our system reminds you the day before your class.